Swag Swami Art To Money Program Services
This is an agreement between Anuvavi Apparels (under the brand name, “Swag Swami,” “we” or “us”) and you (if registering as an individual) or the entity you represent (if registering as a business) (“you” or the “Company”). Any other Anuvavi Apparels affiliate that we designate is also an Anuvavi Apparels party.
- Swag Swami Art-to-Money Programme. Our Swag Swami Art-to-Money program (the “ Programme ”) allows you to design, have made, make available for sale, and promote Products, and to use related services that we make available. “ Products ” are any products you submit to have made, sold, distributed, or promoted through the Programme. “ Content ” means all content you deliver to us relating to a Product, including Product Information (as defined in the Production & Distribution Schedule), media, art, logos, trademarks, trade names, models, design specifications, product instructions and notices, and other similar materials.
- Our Operations. We have sole discretion to determine all features and operations of the Programme and to change the Programme from time to time. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to make, have made, offer for sale, distribute, or promote any Product, to permit you to use any Programme Materials, or to continue any of the foregoing once begun.
- Term and Termination; Suspension. The term of this Agreement (the “ Term ”) will begin on the date you click to accept it checkbox and will continue until you or we terminate it. We are entitled to terminate this Agreement and access to your Programme account at our discretion with or without advance notice to you. You are entitled to terminate this Agreement at any time by giving us at least 30 days advance written notice. We may also suspend your participation in our Programme at our discretion with or without notice to you. We are not obligated to return copies of any Content or other materials that you provide. The following provisions of this Agreement will survive termination of this Agreement: Sections 3, 4, 7 through 12, all your representations and warranties in this Agreement, and any other provisions that, by their nature, are intended to survive.
- Representations and Warranties. You represent, warrant and covenant that:
- You are at least the legal age of majority and that you are able to form a legally binding contract.
- If you are a business or other legal entity, then: (a) you are duly organized, validly existing and in good standing under the Laws of the country in which your business is registered and that you are registering for the Programme within such country; (b) you have all requisite right, power, and authority to enter into this Agreement, perform your obligations, and grant the rights, licenses, and authorizations in this Agreement; (c) any information provided or made available by you or your affiliates to us is at all times accurate and complete; and (d) the individual applicant entering into this Agreement on the legal entity’s behalf represents that he or she has all necessary legal authority to bind the legal entity to this Agreement.
- Before providing us with any Content, you will have obtained the rights necessary for the exercise of all rights granted under this Agreement, and you will be solely responsible for and will pay any licensors or co-owners any royalties or other monies due to them related to such Content; and
- None of the following will violate any Law; require us to obtain any license, authorization, or other permission from any governmental agency or other third party; contain any defamatory material; or violate or infringe any intellectual property, proprietary, or other rights of any person or entity (including contractual rights, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade dress, trade secret, common law rights, rights of publicity, or privacy, or moral rights): (i) the exercise of any rights granted under this Agreement; (ii) your Content or the production, sale, distribution, or promotion of the Content or Products as authorized in this Agreement; or (iii) any marketing, advertising, or promotion by you or on your behalf in connection with any Content or Products.
- Indemnity. You will indemnify, defend and hold us (including any respective officers, directors, employees, contractors and assigns) harmless from and against any loss, claim, liability, damage, action or cause of action (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that arises from any claim relating to any Content, or from any breach of your representations, warranties or obligations set forth in this Agreement (individually, a “ Claim ,” and collectively, the “ Claims ”). You will not consent to the entry of a judgment or settle a Claim without our prior written consent, which may not be unreasonably withheld. You will use counsel reasonably satisfactory to us to defend each Claim. If we reasonably determine that a Claim might adversely affect us, we may take control of the defense at our expense (and without limiting your indemnification obligations). Your obligations under this Section 8 are independent of your other obligations under the Agreement.
- Publicity and Confidentiality. You will: (a) protect and not disclose information made available by us that is identified as confidential or that reasonably should be considered confidential; (b) use this information only in connection with this Agreement; and (c) either destroy or return all such information to us promptly when the Agreement terminates (and, upon request, confirm such destruction in writing). This paragraph covers all confidential information regardless of when you receive it. Unless you have received our express written permission, you will not otherwise use any trademark, service mark, commercial symbol, or other proprietary right of ours, issue press releases or other publicity relating to us or this Agreement, or refer to us in promotional materials.
- Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability. THE PROGRAM AND ANY PROGRAM MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” WE WILL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR CONTENT, LOSS OF PROFITS, COST OF COVER OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR RELIANCE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN RELATION TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR FOR ANY EQUITABLE REMEDY OF DISGORGEMENT OR OTHERWISE, HOWEVER CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL OUR LIABILITY HEREUNDER EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF ROYALTIES (AS DEFINED IN THE DISTRIBUTION SCHEDULE) DUE AND PAYABLE TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR THE TWELVE-MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING SUCH CLAIM. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM, WITH RESPECT TO ALL SERVICES, SOFTWARE, CONTENT OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED BY OR ON BEHALF OF US IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE PROGRAM OR PROGRAM MATERIALS, ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE CANNOT ENSURE THAT CONTENT SUBMITTED BY OR ON BEHALF OF YOU WILL BE PROTECTED FROM THEFT OR MISUSE, AND WE WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY ARISING FROM A FAILURE OF ANY SECURITY TECHNOLOGY OR PROCEDURE.
- Agreement Changes. We reserve the right to change this Agreement at any time and at our sole discretion. Any changes will be effective upon the posting of such changes online, unless we specify a different effective date when we make a particular change. You are responsible for checking for Agreement updates. Your continued participation in the Programme after changes to this Agreement take effect will constitute your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to a change, you must stop participating in the Programme and terminate this Agreement.
- General. This Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties or as provided in Section 11 above. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid by a court with jurisdiction over the parties to this Agreement, such provision will be deemed to be restated to reflect as nearly as possible the original intentions of the parties in accordance with applicable law, and the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect. The word “including” will be interpreted without limitation when used in this Agreement. The parties to this Agreement are independent contractors. Each party will bear its own costs and expenses in performing this Agreement. We may use one or more subcontractors to exercise our rights and perform our obligations hereunder. We will be responsible for ensuring that our subcontractors comply with the applicable portions of this Agreement when performing for us or on our behalf. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our rights to subsequently enforce the provision. You may not assign any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent, except that you may assign all of your rights and obligations under this Agreement to any corporation or other entity without consent in connection with a merger or the sale of all or substantially all of your assets as long as you give us written notice of any such assignment no later than ten business days before such assignment. Subject to the foregoing limitation, this Agreement will be binding upon, inure to the benefit of and be enforceable by the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- Dispute Resolution: If any dispute, controversy or claim arises out of or in connection with this Agreement, including the breach, termination or invalidity hereof, Anuvavi Apparels and you shall use all reasonable endeavors to negotiate with a view to resolving the dispute amicably. If you or us (“Parties”) gives the other party notice that a dispute has arisen (a “Dispute Notice”) and the Parties are unable to so resolve the Dispute amicably within 15 (Fifteen) days of the date of service of the Dispute Notice (or such longer period as the Parties may mutually agree prior thereto), then the courts of Tamil Nadu, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction over such dispute. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of India.
- This Agreement and the Programme Materials License Agreement constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter, supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements between the parties with respect to its subject matter, and do not give any third party (except where specified) any rights or remedies hereunder. Any notice or other communication to be given hereunder will be in writing and given (i) by us via email, via a posting in the Programme Policies, or via a message through your Programme account, or (ii) by you via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to such other email or physical addresses as we may specify from time to time. The date of receipt will, in the case of email, be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION SCHEDULE
The terms of this Schedule apply if you submit any Product for production through the Programme.
- Production of Products. You may request the production of certain Products that use, incorporate, or are based on your Content. For each Product you request to have produced, we will deduct our costs and fees. The Cost of Goods and Anuvavi Apparels Fees for a Product may change from time to time, including after you have authorized its production, based on our production and fulfillment costs or other factors.
- Royalties. For each sale of a Product by Anuvavi Apparels, Anuvavi Apparels will pay you a royalty (“Royalty”) as described on the Swag Swami ATM Program Royalties page. Taxes and any separately stated fees or charges are excluded from the list price when calculating Royalties. A Royalty is due only for sales for which we have received final payment from or on behalf of an end user. If a Product is purchased using a credit card or cash on delivery mechanism through a third-party logistics company, final payment will be deemed to have occurred when the applicable credit card company or logistics company has fully settled the payment for the applicable purchase. A Royalty is due only on the sale by Anuvavi Apparels of a Product.
- Pricing and Sales. Anuvavi Apparels will be the seller of record for the Products. Anuvavi Apparels has sole discretion to determine price, availability, distribution channels, and terms of sale for the Products. We are responsible for and have sole discretion related to processing payments, collecting payments, addressing requests for refunds, and providing customer service related to our obligations, and we will have sole ownership and control of all sales and other data we obtain from customers in connection with the Programme.
- Product Information. For every Product, you will provide the following information: name of the Product, your name, product description, and any other information related to the Products that we require (together, “Required Product Information”). “Product Information” includes the Required Product Information and any other information and content related to your Content and/or to you, such as all metadata, graphics, artwork, images, trademarks, trade names, logos and other descriptive or identifying information and materials associated with you or a particular Product. You are responsible for providing accurate Product Information, and will not make any false, inaccurate, or misleading claims or statements regarding any Content or Product or otherwise mislead customers regarding any Content or Product. If any Product Information is inaccurate or needs to be updated or modified, you will promptly provide us with corrections, updates, or modifications.
- Grants of Rights.
- Production; Design; Distribution. You hereby grant Anuvavi Apparels a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable (subject to Section 6 of the Agreement), royalty-free, worldwide, right and license to make, have made, sell, import, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, and use the Content for purposes of designing, distributing, and producing Products.
- Promotion. You hereby grant Anuvavi Apparels a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, reformat, modify, create derivative works of, promote, advertise, transmit, publicly display, and publicly perform the Content, in all forms of media, for the marketing, sale, and distribution of the Products and in connection with the Programme.
- Additional Rights. In addition, we may exercise any ancillary rights relating to your Content and the Products that are reasonably necessary to effect the intent of the grants of rights contained in this Agreement. We may also sublicense our rights in Product Information under this Agreement to third parties operating products or services that allow for the discovery or purchase of Products, including via the Swag Swami Affiliate program and similar programs. Nothing in this Agreement restricts us from exercising any right available to us under applicable law or any separate license.
- Reservations of Rights. Subject to the rights granted in this Agreement and our ownership of the Programme Materials, as between you and us, you retain all right, title and interest in and to Content that you submit to us. Subject to your rights in such Content, we retain all right, title and interest in and to the Programme and all technology, content, information, services, trademarks and other intellectual property used in connection with it. Without limiting the foregoing, each of us recognizes that any uses of the other’s (or its affiliates’) brand features in connection with this Agreement, and goodwill associated with such uses, will inure solely to the party owning such brand features. If you provide suggestions, ideas, or other feedback to us about the Programme, we will be free to exercise all rights in such feedback without restriction and without compensating you.
- Royalty Payments and Reporting; Taxes
- Payment Terms. Subject to the terms of this paragraph, we will pay you Royalties within approximately 30 days after the end of the calendar month in which final payment for the applicable sale is made. At the time of payment, we will make available to you a report detailing sales of Products and corresponding Royalties. All payments will be made via National Electronic Funds Transfer (“NEFT”) or other methods we designate in the Programme Policies. Depending on the country where you are located, we may require you to provide us with information for a valid bank account in your name for receiving NEFT payments and, if you do not provide that information, we may withhold payments, without interest, until you do so and/or pay you via check and deduct a payment processing fee. You may not maintain any action or proceeding against us with respect to any report or payment unless you commence that action or suit within 6 months after the date the report or payment was due. If we pay you a Royalty on a sale and later issue a refund or credit to the customer for such sale (or receive a chargeback related to the sale), we may offset the amount of the Royalty we previously paid you against future Royalties or other amounts that would otherwise be payable to you under this Agreement, or require you to remit that amount to us. For any amounts that we determine you owe us, we may (a) charge any payment instrument you provide to us; (b) offset any amounts that are payable by you to us (in reimbursement or otherwise) against any payments we may make to you or amounts we may owe you; (c) invoice you for amounts due to us, in which case you will pay the invoiced amounts upon receipt; (d) reverse any credits to your bank accounts; or (e) collect payment or reimbursement from you by any other lawful means. If we determine that your actions or performance may result in returns, chargebacks, claims, disputes, violations of this Agreement or the Programme Policies, or other risks to Anuvavi Apparels or third parties, then we may in our sole discretion withhold any payments to you for as long as we determine any related risks to Anuvavi Apparels or third parties persist. If we determine that your account has been used to engage in deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or if you are unable to demonstrate that you have all necessary rights to the Content you provide us for a Product, then we may in our sole discretion permanently withhold Royalties to you for any Products. If after we have terminated your Programme account you open a new Programme account without our express permission, we will not owe you any Royalties under the new Programme account.
- Taxes. Anuvavi Apparels is responsible for collecting and remitting any taxes imposed on its sales of Products to customers. You are responsible for any income or other taxes due and payable resulting from any Anuvavi Apparels payment to you. Accordingly, unless otherwise stated, the amounts due to you hereunder are inclusive of any taxes that may apply to such payments. Anuvavi Apparels maintains the right, however, to deduct or withhold any applicable taxes that we may be legally obligated to deduct or withhold from amounts due from Anuvavi Apparels or its affiliates, and the amounts due, as reduced by such deductions or withholdings, will constitute full payment to you. You will provide Anuvavi Apparels with any forms, documents or other certifications as may be requested by Anuvavi Apparels to satisfy any information reporting or tax obligations with respect to this Agreement.
- Marketing Limitations. You will not link to, or encourage, authorize, or direct others to link to, any online location where Products are available for sale from any website, application, or other service that is directed to children within the meaning of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act or any successor or similar law
- Product Availability; Withdrawal; Termination. We may determine in our discretion to make any Product available through our Programme. We may stop any transaction, or take other actions as needed to restrict access to or availability of any Product or Content that does not comply with this Agreement. Any withdrawal of a Product does not relieve you of responsibility to perform other obligations under this Agreement. Subject to other terms of this Agreement, you may withdraw a Product from further sale through our Programme as of a specified date by sending a request to us by email to email@example.com or any other email address we may specify. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to stop selling the applicable Product within 10 business days after we receive such a request. You will immediately notify us if you unexpectedly lose the rights required under this Agreement or become aware of a third party claim related to these rights. If the Agreement is terminated, we will stop selling your Products as of the date the termination takes effect. Notwithstanding any withdrawal or termination, we may fulfill any customer orders placed prior to the withdrawal or termination. Any withdrawal does not limit our, or any third party’s, right to sell used Products.
- Survival. Sections 4 through 6 and 8 of this Schedule and any other provisions that, by their nature, are intended to survive, will survive any termination of the Agreement.